Guidelines for Paper Submission
Format of Manuscript
Author(s) are requested to use following format:
- All papers should be typed on Microsoft Word-version.
- Paper size should be A4, Portrait of size 8.5" x 11" with Margins: 1" (top & bottom); 1.5"(left & right)
- All text should be typed in Arial or Times New Roman Font with size 12 and single-spaced.
- Headings and subheadings must be in Bold font, left justified and numbered according to Level of heading as below: 1. First Level Heading 1.1 Second Level Heading 1.1.1 Third Level Heading.
- Header & Footer of font size 8.
- Use double space after the headings, before starting the next paragraph.
- Page Break can be given to give a logical end to a page.
- The main title of your paper must not exceed 50 characters. This includes letters, spaces and punctuation.
- Title should be followed by name, affiliation and address of the Author(s).
- An abstract of length not more than 250 words should be supplied.
- Few keywords must be given after the abstract.
- Size of the paper to be kept within 5000 words.
- All papers must be accompanied by one passport size color photograph together with a brief CV.
- Illustrations such as photographs, charts, graphs, drawings, and diagrams should be labeled, so that they correspond with their mention in the text (e.g. Table-1, Figure-2, Diagram-3).
Guidelines for References
Provide the list of references at the end of the paper in sequence as per the guidelines and the examples suggested. The reference guidelines for the author(s) are provided below:
- Books SURNAME followed by initials. (Year). Title of the book in bold italics. (pp. referred pages). Place of publication: Name of the publisher.
- For a paper/chapter in a book (multi-authored) SURNAME followed by initials, Surname followed by initials, and Surname followed by initials. (Year) Title of the paper / chapter in bold. In X and Y (Eds). Title of the book in italics, (pp. 45-50) . Place of publication: Name of publisher, Year. (Number of Pages of the book) p.
- Journals/Magazines/Newsletters SURNAME followed by initials. Surname followed by initials, and Surname followed by initials. (Year). Title of the paper in bold. Title of the journal / magazine / newsletter in italics, Vol. No (issue no.), 45-55.
- Reports SURNAME followed by initials /organization (Year). Title of the report in bold (only the first letter in caps).pp.(Referred page numbers) Place of publication: Name of the organization / publisher.
- Web site Author/organization. Name of the article in bold. Available at Web site URL (Accessed on dd/mm/yyyy).
- Paper in published proceedings SURNAME followed by initials. Title of the paper in bold. (Year). In X, Y, and Z (Eds).Title of the published proceedings in italics. Name of the conference/workshop, city, country, date, organized by name (s) of organizer(s). p.(number of pages of the paper) Place: Publisher, Year.
Examples for References
Some examples of the bibliographic reference as per the guidelines are as below:
- ROWLEY, Jennifer.(1998).The electronic library.(pp.100-110).London: Library Association Pub.
- INFLIBNET Centre. (2005) Annual Report 2004-05 (pp.30-32). Ahmedabad: INFLIBNET Centre.
- CAIN, Jack. Assessment of options for handling full Unicode character encoding in MARC 21: a study for the Library of Congress. Part 1: New Scripts. Available at http://www.loc.gov/marc/marbi/2004/2004-report01.pdf (Accessed on 22/11/2007).
- PREM CHAND [et. al.]. (2007). Access to scholarly literature in higher education institutions under INFLIBNET Consortium. In Information and Knowledge Management in Networked World. Proceedings of the International CALIBER 2007, Punjab University, Chandigarh, 8th - 10th February 2007. (pp. 570-588). Ahmedabad: INFLIBNET Centre.